Friday, May 4, 2012

WOD 5/4 Muay Thai

Muay Thai is great passion of mine that takes a special place in my heart. It's significant to me because it's where my journey in fitness actually began some 9 years ago. I'll admit, since finding Crossfit 2.5 years ago, I've put it to the side a more than I would like. So, in the past 4 months, I've been implementing Muay Thai into my Crossfit training as much as possible and will continue to ramp it up. Let me tell ya, not much compares to the workout if executed properly.




Warm-up:
Mobility Work
15 Min on the heavy bag



Sport WOD:
Each round is 2 minutes and should be at your Maximum effort. Complete the following exercises between rounds and then rest for 1 min before starting next round.

Round 1
1-2 Combo (Jab/Cross)
30 Push-ups

Round 2
1min 1-2 Combo and 2nd min Thai Knees
30 Sit-ups (abmat)

Round 3
Right/Left Hook Combo to the body
30 Push-ups

Round 4
Leg Kicks (Switch legs every 10)
30 Sit-ups


“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race” 
` Calvin Coolidge






No comments:

Post a Comment