Wednesday, May 30, 2012

WOD 5/30

As part of the silly Facebook Sit-up challenge we ended up with 435 to do. So with my crazy thinking, I decided to really push the envelope and complete all GHD situps instead of regular situps. Why not right!?! Well going into this I was well aware of the dangers and consequences, but whats life without taking a risk every once in awhile. I am also well aware of what my body is capable of and was prepared to switch to reg situps at any point my body said so. Surprisingly enough it never did and not only did I do the 435 for the challenge, I decided to do an extra 15 to put me at the 450 mark. I do not advocate or recommend that anyone try this at any point...

450 GHD Situps for time

My Time: 63 Min
Phil DiPrima: 145 GHD and 290 Reg situps (Abmat)
Rob McPhee: 150 GHD


One Week Update: I'm happy to say that I suffered no Rabdo or serious DOMs what-so-ever. Actually trained the following morning and two days later set a new pr. I'll take it!



No comments:

Post a Comment